Drawstring bag with heart


 In a previous post...I shared a pattern for a patchwork heart. A fun little make, that I sized especially for my 'Happy Bag' pattern. 

The Patchwork Heart uses 1 1/2" squares &  finishes at 4 1/2". It's the perfect little square to add to the front of the bag. I had so much fun making these & using up squares from my jar.

Whenever I sew something, I make sure to include a stack of squares from those scraps. It is such fun to get that jar down, from the shelf from time to time. A great memory jar of all the things made in the past.







In One Afternoon, I made 2 drawstring bags with heart centers & made them opposite. Well, because opposites attract...right? 
I've included the cuts here for adding to the bag dimensions. It is also on the pattern for reference.

Happy Bag - Cut Strips

Top-   Cut 1 - 8 1/2" w X 1 3/4" h
Sides- Cut 2 - 2 1/2" w X 4 1/2" h
Bottom- Cut 1- 8 1/2"w X 3 1/4"h 

Sew the sides to the patchwork heart. Lightly Press
Sew the top & then bottom. Lightly Press
Continue with the pattern
Enjoy!



Find the Happy Bag pdf Pattern in my Etsy Shop - Shop Tab or on the sidebar
Find the Patchwork Heart pdf Pattern here on the Blog - Make Things Tab

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving a Little Note here makes me Smile