Scissor Love + a New Pattern


I just love scissors and have a pair for everything. About 3 or 4 years ago, I found a decorative pair for stitching, on Etsy. They are still as sharp as the day I got them. Needless to say, I bought another pair so I could have one at my machine & another for on the go. 

I just love them but I've been stabbed once or twice by those pointy tips. Especially, when I throw a pair in a bag to do some stitching in the evenings. Rummaging thru my bag those pointy tips, find my hand every time. I guess it isn't good for them to be around all the thread & my work in progress either. So, I made a scissor case for them & liked it so much, I created a pattern.



In the pattern, I illustrate how to make one and give lots of instructions. It is a really simple make with one zipper install. If you've sewn things with zippers, you'll have no problem. And if not....I show you how. Easy, you'll be sewing zippers in everything before you know it. I've made several and plan to make many more because they use up all my scrap fabric and make great little gifts. Even for people, like my daughter... who doesn't sew, carries a pair in her bag. Let's face it...when you need a pair of scissors, nothing else will do.



I show how to add a side or zipper loop on the case for attaching to your bag if needed. I made one with a large loop so I could hang it in my supply closet. That part is really up to you & how you want to use the scissor case. 


It was a lot of fun making these cases and sure hope you enjoy making them too!

Til next time......Happy Sewing


Small Scissor Case - In My ETSY Shop     Link in the sidebar & Shop Tab.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving a Little Note here makes me Smile