Little Happy Bag pattern

 


I wanted to share an idea for a bag front, using my pattern 'Little Happy Bag'. 

I have recently been completely captivated with cross stitch. This guy has been sitting & waiting for ten years or so, in my pinterest pins. So, one day, instead of doing all the things I was supposed to do....I had a wonderful time stitching him. I made the wreath around him as I went along. And changed some thread colors, to what I had on hand. So, that tells me...that I have gotten comfortable with this cross stitching adventure. This is only my second make and the other is still not finished. Oh My...
He is not perfect but makes me happy & the whole time I was stitching....I knew it was going to be a bag front. 

So here it is!

I cut 4 Strips from Outer Fabric to frame the stitching. The art measures 3" on this one & I allowed 1/2" or so all the way around. I sewed my side strips on first, then the top & bottom using a 1/2" SA. Pressed & Top Stitched.

Once, stitching is framed, cut panel to the original size per the pattern. Be sure to center the stitching Left-to-Right before cutting. My measures will place the stitching lower than center Top-to-Bottom. If you want the stitching centered both ways adjust the measure for top & bottom strips. 
Continue with the pattern to complete your bag.

CUT
2 -Sides - 3"w X 4-1/4"h
2 -Top & Bottom - 8-1/2"w X 3-1/4"h 









I totally enjoyed making this bag & will probably make more because I just have sooo many ideas.

Enjoy!



Get My Pattern - Little Happy Bag - Etsy - Link on sidebar & at the top.


Cross Stitch - Inspired by - Merry Christmas Book by Marie Anne Rethoret-Melin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving a Little Note here makes me Smile