colorful stitchville




My first ever try at cross stitching & I really can't wait until it's done! I have discovered I'm not that patient! 

It has been so hot here, for way too many days and I don't feel much like sewing. So, in the evenings I stitch a little on this pattern. I will soon be stitching those little houses, which are what sucked me into this little colorful, creative, challenge to start with. God knows, I have sewing projects waiting...& waiting. But I'm always up for learning something new.

I had all the supplies on hand, thanks to my Mom & decided to give it a go. I stitched that little bitty house & tree on a scrap piece and just knew I had to get my fill of those & the spools of thread, just so cute!  I've lways been drawn to little stitches, samplers as such.

My Mom, stitched for years and made such pretty and unique things. She doesn't do it much anymore, but she has a nice supply and that came in handy for me. I think about her makes, when I'm stitching & I do not know how she stayed with it. Passion...gotta love what you're doing. And it isn't that I don't love it...I would just rather have it than make it.




So, I'll finish & jump back on here to show more progress but I really think this is my cross stitch one & only......time will tell....happy stitches to you!


Get the pattern:  I got mine at FatQuarterShop     Stitchville by Camille Roskelley Thimbleblossoms


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving a Little Note here makes me Smile