Scissor Case -large


 I just completed a new pattern for a large scissor case. This one, is perfect to hold 8-9" scissors. It is made much like my smaller version for embroidery scissors. 

I am a collector of scissors & it wasn't intentional. I use my rotary cutter quite often while I'm preparing a project for sewing but sometimes I reach for scissors instead. And never mind the fact, that those rotary cutters still freak me out. I have seen many a terrible accident with them & I'm always as careful as ever when I use mine. But scissors are just so much a part of the creative process for me whether I'm using paper or fabric.


My patterns are always tested several times to be sure all is well, which leaves me several samples usually. An old, hand me down pair of 9" pinking scissors are going to live in one of them. And my singer scissors can go in another, because they seem to be my on the go pair.


I really hope you try my pattern & if you have already made the smaller version....You will have no problem with this one. 

The pattern calls for Pellon Fusible Fleece for the outside panels. You can quilt or not, but the points of the scissors are always protected in a nice cushioned case. No worries of stabbing you or your bag....just ask me how I know that one. And since I have recently switched to only buying zippers BTY, I include that in the pattern now. I almost always use a nylon zip but using BTY just makes sense because there's no waste. In the pattern, I list the pre-measured size & the cut size for BTY. 

Both patterns are great scrap projects & don't take much time to make. They are so very handy to have when a pair needs to travel. 

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving a Little Note here makes me Smile