Spring is here....


Happy Spring Everyone!

Birds are chirping, buds are blooming on the trees and bulbs are pushing thru the earth to give us that burst of color. Lasting for such a short time, it's one of my favorite seasons.

I have been truly busy, with every moment of the day, working and designing. I love to draw and could spend all day, doing just that but other things need to be done. I am sure that I am not alone here. Just not enough hours right?

A NEW pattern has been added to my shop. A woodland creature...the red fox. This drawing was on my list of 'Do a Pattern' and I got it all colored and stitched! The pattern goes so fast, I had it done in no time. Of course, after all the decisions were made on color and what not......that takes me the longest.
So, here's how I did it. The colors I chose are all listed in the pattern, along with instructions for the process. Colors can be altered for your project. In fact, you don't have to color tint at all. I think a bit of color adds to the stitching and it's very easy to do. It's your project....create away!
I draw my design with a micron pen on a cotton linen blend fabric. I use a light table to trace the design and iron my stabilizer to the back of the fabric. Now, it's ready to color tint. I color all areas to be tinted with white crayon, iron with a paper towel and begin the color tinting.
I chose bittersweet with a bit of blending using sepia, burnt orange and chestnut. I gave them a bit of rosey in their cheeks with wild strawberry and they are ready for stitching.
Copper and medium orange spice dmc threads are pulled and threaded with three strands to get started.



I pulled some greys & peach fabric and now I am ready, to sew the red fox family into a project. A nice tote is planned, I can never have enough bags to 'grab n go'. The stitching would look cute on a pillow or a quilt block too.
The pattern is drawn to include the grouping and individually for smaller projects.
I hope you enjoy this pattern and the many others in my shop. I'm working on getting more designs finished and have updated a few of them.




'Strawberry Snookers' pattern has been recently updated and now includes an extra sheet of tags. Print them on card stock, sticker sheets or fabric, to add a special touch to your project.

I'm having a lot of fun with my patterns here lately. I just love tags & special touches!

More 'Fun Patterns' are on the way!
Miss Mousey has been busy too ;)


If you purchased this pattern prior to the update, an email will be sent out to you. Thank you so much for the support♥♥♥










Happy Stitching! Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving a Little Note here makes me Smile