September...sewing projects


I have many projects to work on this month and yikes!...September is almost gone. Sharing my WIP's for National Sewing Month..September!
The pixie quilt, cookie exchange quilt, sew together bags, pumpkins, pillows....are all started and I'm having a grand time.


Cookie Exchange Fabric...Pattern 'Lucky'



The cookie exchange fabric is an absolute pleasure to sew with....from SweetWater and the finish on this fabric is superb! I have opted to make a nine block quilt as opposed to the 12, designed in the Lucky pattern. For reasons.... where I'll be using it...a square simply appeals to me. I have the recipe print too and will be using that for the back, along with some of the others.

When, I set out to do a quilt, I draw the block on the computer, print it out several times & cut into small note sized pieces. It helps me keep all of the shapes of the block in check. Really, helpful when you sew like I do...re-inventing and switching from project to project. I make notes on the paper blocks and color with pencils. I take that block paper piece to the sewing machine with me too.
This was a super helpful tool for the lucky blocks. I used the same color palette throughout but the fabric patterns were different. And...because those HST go in different directions throughout the block....this kept me straight on late night sew-ins. I have nine blocks finished & ready to go to the next step. 


Pixie Quilt.... Pixie Noel Fabric... Pattern my own.....not sure I'll wing it like this again :0)   I have it all worked out and have opted for more strips and a nice border. You can preview my dilemmas on my previous post. I get myself in all kinds of messes at times....just me sewing;)


I chose to remove the top & bottom center blocks and I made two more pixie fussy-cut blocks. The plan now, is too make simple four patch blocks in a sashing strip & finish again square, with a nice border.



Sew Together bags....I have seen so many wonderful bags on IG. The possibilities for this bag are really only limited to your imagination. I found the pattern to be very easy to get along with, once I got moving with it. This is my third bag, the other two took off like a flash and no pictures were taken. But that's okay....I see many, more happening real soon. 


I used 5 fabrics for this one. Lewis & Irene's Spring/Summer '16 Collection - Tales of the Sea were my main fabrics. I chose 3 of the same print in different colorways and used some stashed pieces for the pocket linings & binding.
As, I was sewing this one....I planned the next, they are habit forming & make great Gifts!



The little pin cushion caught in the pictures was another quick sew. 

The Mini Pinwheel Pin Cushion can be found on IG... just use the hashtag and explore IG for all the makes and tutorials. ( #minipinwheelpincushion)    
@easypatchwork   &  @allie.and.me.design



Sew....There was my sewing for September and because she isn't over yet....I'll be in my sewing room tonight...working on Fall things. 


I'll be back soon....Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

  1. gosh - all so beautiful. Love the pixie noel fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great projects. Love the pincushions

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a Little Note here makes me Smile