needle keep & little stitch



The other afternoon, I reached for softer, colored threads, instead of red. The need to sew was brewing inside and I think, subconsciously planned. I'm still working on my pile of  'Tilda' fabrics and have 9 blocks done so far. They will become a quilt this winter...with any spare time I can squeeze from my day.


A little needle book has been on my To Do List for way too long. I stitched the little mousey in brown this time and added a cute aqua apron with pink buds & dots, even on her booties. She's quietly named 'Little Stitch'. The red work mouseys are beside her and have a final check to go yet, before the pattern is released. They will be placed top-center of the red work quilt. Miss Mousey will be sitting on her cushion in both top-corners.  





Once 'Little Stitch' was all stitched in all her colors, I began cutting and playing with different fabrics. Making pockets, quilting and lots of playing. A good mental therapy day this was! Just what I needed.......quiet creative sewing. It reminded me, of the days a girlfriend and I sat out in the back yard, at a picnic table and designed, sewed and glued a complete Barbie apartment. We were ten years young and boy I wish, I still had some of those things. I'd laugh my head off....



For some reason and I think because, it has more excitement. I started with the inside of the book.
Thinking about, how I intend to use the book and how I work, when I'm stitching...it soon came together. The book would be great, to take along on shopping trips. Matching fabrics with threads, that sort of thing. So, yes...pockets for sure. I made a small one for scissors on top of a long one, the width of the back inside. I made another for the front inside and decided my book page would also be a pocket. 



Did I tell you, this was going to take awhile...?... 
longer to write the post, than making the entire needle book....I think. ;)



and since I take my I-Pod along on most fabric sprees.....I made a pocket for it as well. The I-Pod will fit in the zipper-page pocket, but I just had to go one more step and make a separate one. A phone fits in the zip pocket too....just in case. The pocket on the front inside is great for fabric swatches. How many times did I go to buy interfacing or stabilizer or try to match colors of one fabric line to another? Perfect....problem solved now I have the right weight and I have my fabric swatches.


I used some hexies and sprinkled them around. The inside hexie has a bit of batting beneath it and is perfect for my needle cushion. The other.... is centered on the back and may get a bit of hand stitching yet. I found a pretty pink button in my jar and made a loop of fabric and there you have it...
My little needle/sewing book is ready to go out on a trip or two and probably soon. Need stuff ya know....Christmas is coming.






.......til next time...Be Happy with Everything you do......Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Sew sweet needlekeep. Creative Mousey Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty needle book. And you did a wonderful job designing the inside according to your needs. A needle book has been in my to do list for a very long time. I'm going to follow your lead and finally make one. I hope it turns out as cute as yours.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a Little Note here makes me Smile